With several years’ experience of ‘fixing’ acquisitions gone wrong, Maderne has the expertise to review a waste or recycling business far beyond normal due diligence.
Standard due diligence will cover legal, commercial, financial and compliance issues but not always give a rounded picture of what makes that business tick. Failed acquisitions can arise when:
- •The purchaser does not fully understand how the acquired business operates.
- •The seller is a small, family business that’s being purchased by a corporate or a much larger entity.
- •Expectations are set at face value, with over reliance on how things appear.
- •Key personnel, who have not been recognised as such, exit the business.
- •Infrastructure, mobile plant and equipment are not at the expected standard, or have deteriorated during the acquisition process.
- •Reputation of the acquired business is negative.
- •Acquired staff are not of the expected standard and / or require development.
- •The culture of the acquired business struggles to adapt to the new owners’ culture and other factors.
Maderne can work with both purchaser and seller to identify all of the issues above and more and take due diligence to the next level. Expert support will then be given via clear reporting and guidance to avoid pitfalls. Post-acquisition mobilisation assistance can be given if required.
If you are planning to invest in an existing waste or recycling business, please get in touch to discuss how we can assist you and make the transition profitable rather than painful.
Current customs and practice may not fit into the corporate mould.
Get the expert support you need
Get the right support for a successful acquisition today by contacting us using the form below: